Sunday, January 11, 2009

Someday We'll Know.

So today. Hmm, pretty much another boring day. I worked with Sheik this morning, the first time in forever. I had kind of stopped a few months ago, because 1.) I was sick. 2.) it got cold. 3.) he was being a pain in the you know where. He's been an angel lately though, idk, me being the only person feeding him, and sitting out there with him, petting him while Easter takes forever to finish her feed, we've really bonded even more than we have before, and now he comes up to me in the pasture, not the other way around. It's been so nice, I really love it. I got the halter out, and walked over towards him, and kind of called him over, and he came over to me, even with me holding the halter, which pretty much stunned me. I didn't expect that. And he stood still while I haltered him. There wasn't even the usual You-haven't-worked-with-me-in-forever-i'm-going-to-test-you-again type thing. I told him to walk, and he did, it was pretty much amazing. And he remembers everything. I went through our normal pattern, minus a trot since the pasture is pretty bad there, and he did it pratically as well as if we did this everyday. He is so amazing. And then i was just standing there hugging his neck and he was just standing there. He's defintely gotten a lot more patient, and I think he's going to do much better this year. Hey, if we placed decently last year, when he was so funny looking, we should hopefully place even better this year. I'm really getting excited for show season, I wish it wasn't so far away!

Yeah, so that was basically the most exciting part of my day. After that I watched a few movies and cleaned up the house some, and we went out to dinner at Sonic and I watched more movies.

Ohh, the other great part of my weekend was watching a Jon Foreman concert online, live. It was amazing. The sound was like listening to a CD, but better. I only caught about five songs, but they were all just amazing. Jon is SUCH an amazing singer live, even better than he is in the studio, which is a rare thing these days. Your Love Is Strong gave me chills, and you haven't heard Dare You To Move until you've heard it with a cello.

And thus, the close of another thrilling weekend.

No comments: